Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Books and Videos
Interested in physically browsing our book collection for books on languages? Go to the General Collection, Reference Collection, Video Collection, or New Books Shelf (2nd & 3rd floors) of Woodward Library and look up the following call number ranges.
Library of Congress (LC) Call Numbers
Call numbers for books in print for Languages are located in P- PM
- P Philology. Linguistics
- PA Greek and Latin languages and literature
- PB Modern languages. Celtic languages
- PC Romanic languages
- PD Germanic languages. Scandinavian languages
- PE English language
- PF West Germanic languages
- PG Slavic, Baltic, Albanian languages and literatures
- PH Uralic, Basque languages and literatures
- PJ Oriental languages and literatures
- PK Indo-Iranian languages and literature
- PL Languages and literatures of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania
- PM Hyperborean, Indian, and artificial languages
Books in print are located in the General Collection on the third floor and the DVDs are located on the second floor.
For a complete listing of all LC Call Numbers, go to the Library of Congress Classification Outline.
Resources with Electronic Books
Many of the books in these collections will appear in search results from the catalog search above. They may also be searched individually using the links provided below.
Are your searches not yielding the results you expected? Are you having trouble finding the information you need? You may schedule a private consultation with a librarian to obtain assistance with developing strategies for your research.
Ask A Librarian
To view chat hours, submit an e-mail question, or view other contact options, please visit the Ask a Librarian webpage.